You put your computer into hibernation. Everything seems to fine and you went off. When you come back your PC is running. How? Mostly since you have a cordless mouse which sends from time to time a signal. Or you just moved the mouse.
After checking all BIOS settings you were not able to find the reason. This is because the main reason for the problem is your OS: Windows 7 or Windows Vista. They have their own build-in power management. So you need to change the settings there.
So, if you have the problem that your computer awakes when moving the mouse after the hibernation there is a simple solution:
- Open the “Device Manager”
- Collapse “Mice and other pointing devices”
- Select your mouse
- Right click and select “Properties”
- Switch to the “Power Management” tab
- Deselect “Allow this device to wake the computer”