Monthly Archives: October 2012

Typo3: “Cannot find tslib” and “Lock file could not be created”

Recently I had to move my Typo3 Installation from one server to new one. It should be easy to move. However the reality is another one 😉 In specialty if you are using Plesk.

After I used the MigrationManager of Plesk the site wasn’t running. I got the message

Cannot find tslib/. Please set path by defining $configured_tslib_path in index.php.

A quick search showed up that the symbolic link of the global typo3 installation isn’t working. I’ve checked that but it was correct. But then I got an idea: The old installation was running on Plesk Version 9 and the new one on Version 11. In Version 9 you hat to the open_basedir youself via the vhost.conf file. Since Version 11 you can (and have to) do this via the web interface. So I changed the php setting of the subscription to {WEBSPACEROOT}/:{TMP}/:/srv/typo3 (where /srv/typo3 is the path to my global Typo3 installation) and I got a step further.

Next try to load the site. After a while just a blank page showed up. Quick view into the error_log show this message

Lock file could not be created
Exception thrown in file ...

This is an easy one: Just adjusted the permissions of you typo3temp directory and everything went fine.